Sunday, October 7, 2007

Making our homes a Haven.

I enjoyed a sermon this morning by Delbert on making our homes a haven. He pointed out that our homes need to be a place that we go to for relaxing and enjoying life not a place we try to get away from. I think our home is that but I also realize that it is mostly my job as the wife and mother to keep it that way and make it even more so. I am trying to think of things that I can do to improve our home. Some of the things I am working on are:
  • Being truly joyful- all of the time! I don't always have the perfect attitude and I am trying to work on that.
  • Focusing more on people and less on projects.
  • Living in the moment, not always trying to rush to what we have to do next.
  • Reducing clutter as that makes our home a much more pleasant place to be for my dear husband.
  • Do more praying and singing throughout the day.

What are some of the things you are working on?

3 comments:

Jenni said...

I have an attitude promblem too:) I need to learn to greet my dh when he comes home. I grew up in a cold home, so I have a hard time with affection. I think that would go a long way to adding harmony to our home.

Anonymous said...

A am using the book Having a Mary heart in a Martha World for my current Bible study....it has really helped me S L O W down, focus and be really greatful for ALL of the blessings HE has given me. Check it out....Pam, South Bend

Abbi said...

Thanks for the comments. The book sounds interesting!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin