Saturday, April 12, 2008

Decorating for a wedding

I am tired tonight, it has been a busy day. I thought however that it would be fun to show you my project for today. Today I put together my most expensive wedding flower order to date. (It wasn't the most time consuming or complicated but the most expensive as calla lilies are rather spendy.)
This is the Bride with her bouquet of ivory and fuchsia mini calla lilies and Asiatic lilies. The bridesmaids also had arm bouquets but with just ivory mini calla lilies.
The ceremony and reception was held at our local country club. It is a pretty location with one side overlooking Lake Bemidji (which is currently frozen with snow on top) and the other side looks out at the golf course (which is currently snow covered as we got 12 more inches of snow Yesterday). The were going to exchange vows in front of this fire place. We put candles, greenery and a vase of Calla lilies on top of the mantle and then I brought the candelabras for them to use and decorated them.
This is the stairs that you have to go up to get in the main room. Yesterday I made 80 some feet of salal garland which I put on all of the rails. Below is the view looking down. I also made an arrangement to hang in the middle of the big window (It is hard to see very well in this picture).



There was some extra garland so we put that on the head table.


This is the flower girls basket.

We ended up with a little variety with the centerpieces. She had first thought she would have all of the centerpieces like the one above with calla lilies and Asiatic lilies. We did 10 of them. But the she decided she would need more table but wanted something a little less expensive so we did this:

A short vase with just Asiatic lilies (I did 6 if these). And then at the last minute she ended up needing more tables. I had quite a bit of extra greenery so we did this:

Just a line of Salal leaves, some curly fuchsia ribbon and candles. (We did this on 5 or 6 rectangular tables.)


We also decorated with greenery and flowers around the punch bowl and here and there on the dessert table. It was a fun wedding to work on and the bride was happy so that is what matters!

9 comments:

shell said...

Abbi, you are so talented. All of your arrangements are beautiful.

jessicalolene said...

Impressive, Abbi. To think it all began with a little outdoor wedding almost eleven years ago with the bridal arm spray consisting of alstramaria, and roses. Have I ever told you how great those flowers looked that day?

Angie said...

Wow Abbi I love the work you do! You are so blessed by God with a wonderful talent!

Keren Ruth said...

They look lovely. :)

Martha said...

good job. it's all very pretty.

Anonymous said...

Oh Abbi, lilies are my absolute favorite! They are so beautiful, you did a really wonderful job!

Amy said...

Gorgeous!!!

a day in my world said...

cala lilies are my favorite - it looked beautiful :o)

and the purple flowers on my site are trumpet vine if I remember correctly ... (and it looks like them too) :o)

Dawn said...

Wow! Those are so beautiful! You are really talented with those flowers!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin