Sunday, September 14, 2008

Home from the Jackpine Retreat


This afternoon we got home from a fun trip up North for the annual Jackpine Retreat. It was a rainy cold weekend (though not 100% of the time) but that didn't stop us from having fun. Here are a few pictures and some highlights of our weekend. Above are Sarah, Keren and Peggy some of my fellow kitchen workers.
At the retreat there is always plenty to be worked on. Here Luke, Travis and Kent are working on getting the well/pump in better shape.
Here is my cute niece Bea and a baby mouse that the men found when working.
Here are my friends Emily and Concha. After taking this they were like "You aren't going to post this on your blog are you?" And I thought I had better oblige! :-) We (and quite a few others had a fun time playing Cranium together.
Another fun activity was Volleyball. We ended up playing in the rain and getting soaked but we had a good time.
Here is my love and my sweet girl.
The little boys (Aaron, DJ and Gregory) enjoying being on the rocker with Billy.
The theme of the Retreat was running the race. Bobby Blanshan brought the sermons and did a very good job.He spoke of the preparation, perseverance,and then achieving the goal(there was also one other section but I missed it when teaching the kids). Becky Chudek and I had fun teaching a class for the kids as well. We used the scriptures Heb. 12:1-3 and some others and did lots of demonstrations and object lessons to make the lesson hopefully hit home.
I was going to give you a list of camping hints but it is time to head to bed so I guess you will have to come back tomorrow for that! :-)


5 comments:

Ang said...

Looks like so much fun. Next year is when I want to go again you will have to let me know dates and Terry and I will have to try and go. I have a sister at Williams now and so I would not have to sleep in the wet cold. I am a wimp.

Ang said...

Looks like so much fun. Next year is when I want to go again you will have to let me know dates and Terry and I will have to try and go. I have a sister at Williams now and so I would not have to sleep in the wet cold. I am a wimp.

All in a Day said...

September 18-20, 2009 :) It's always the second weekend after Labor Day.

Martha said...

I like all your pictures. I think it is very funny that Keren and Lori set up chairs to watch the guys work by the well!

Keren Ruth said...

Anna, Christy and Shelly T. were watching too :) It was the intertainment. with free mice.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin