Sunday, February 22, 2009

The love of lists

I like lists. I think it is great fun to write down everything that I want to get done and then get to mark them off when it is accomplished. I find lists very useful to help me to remember what to get at the store, errands that need to be run, foods I plan on having at a special meal even every subject I need to cover when calling somebody. I also appreciate having a prayer list. Not that I just go down the list, mention them to God and then cross them off but it does help me to remember people that truly do need prayer as I am prone to forgetting.

Forgetting is really what it all comes down to. I have so many things going on in my life and my memory is certainly not photographic and so I forget things. Lists help me to not forget quite so much!

You might have noticed I added some new lists to my blog. On the left hand side is a list of books that I want to read this year. I love to read and I enjoy reading books that teach me things but sometimes I can get so caught up getting new books from the library or fun books from where ever that I have been skipping some books that we have on our own shelves that I have never read. A few of the books on the list I have been thinking I should read for some time but they didn't look as exciting as other books that would come along. I thought as list on here might help me be a little more motivated. I was inspired by Jess at Making Home to make a reading list. If any have you have read any of the books in the list I would love to hear your thoughts on them!

My other list (on the right) is a set of things I think would be fun to do in my lifetime. I have seen this on other blogs (sometimes called a bucket list) and I always think it is fun to read as it gives me greater insight to there goals and dreams (even of friends I know pretty well). The first thing on the list is the only one that really matters however. The others I think would be fun but my utmost desire is to please God and so if the others don't follow along with that or I don't have the time for them then that is fine! What are some of your dreams? I would love to hear.

I also like making lists when I blog. I enjoy reading posts like that and I like to write them too. Here are an example of some of my list posts:

2 comments:

Betsy said...

I love lists! Interesting life list. Winn wants to keep bees too.

Earl Larson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin