Thursday, October 29, 2009

We are having a Handmade Christmas {Will you join me?}

At our home we enjoy a simple Christmas. Most of our gifts, decorations and food are all made here at home with lots of love. We like it that way. In visiting blogs around the web I know I am not the only one who likes to make things at home for Christmas, there are a lot of you who do that.

Knowing that....
You (Every single one of you!) are invited to join me every Thursday starting next week and going until Christmas (though we will take a break for Thanksgiving) For a Handmade Christmas, here at Proverbs 31 Living.

I am looking forward to sharing with you various handmade stuff that I have been working on, I plan on posting:
  • Tutorials
  • Recipes
  • Decorating ideas
  • Gifts I have made
  • Lovely links I have found (with some great tutorials)
  • Thoughts on having a simple Handmade (and frugal!) Christmas
  • And a way for you to link you posts up!

So please come join me! Write posts on your blog about what Handmade items you are making for Christmas and then bring your link over here and share it with the rest of us! And since I am not above bribery.... I am offering a surprise giveaway for everyone that joins me by linking up their Handmade Christmas post next week.

Also....Would you please be so kind as to grab my Handmade Christmas button and post it on your blog to tell others about this? I would really appreciate it!


We have gotten started~

15 comments:

Hallie said...

I am attempting a mostly homemade Christmas this year and am very excited for your upcoming posts!

Tracey said...

I am not very crafty, so look forward to seeing what your readers will share!

Miranda said...

Sounds like a ton of fun!! Can't wait!

Kristin said...

Sounds like fun. I love to make my own gifts (although time is limited!) so I'll be eager to follow this series. :-)

alexis said...

I'll join you! Sound like fun. This is going to help my family truly focus on the meaning of Christmas.

Melissa said...

I will join you!! I don't think I really know how to link to your post and I don't know how to get the button to put on my blog.

Abbi said...

Thanks everybody for you interest! I hope that we can get a great exchange of ideas going.

Melissa, to link to somebody's blog (or a website) you simply type the words you want to have linked (example: "This is linked to A Handmade Christmas at Proverbs 31 Living"- or whatever you want to say) then highlight those words and then click on the little green and black symbol (it says "link" when you scroll over it) in between text color and align left) a little window will pop up where you can enter the web address that you want to link to. Just press OK and you are done.

If you want to put the button on your blog you can click on the picture in my post. It will open up in it's own window. You then can right click on it and then save it to your pictures so then you can pull it up and use it in your post.

If you have any questions let me know.

Alana Jo said...

In the past I made all my Christmas presents for family and friends. This year, Im just not sure I feel up to it, but we still have 2 months. We shall see.

Lenetta said...

Yay you for getting a link on MSM! I'm doing a bunch of homemade stuff for Christmas this year - I've posted, but I need to update with pictures of stuff I've finished and add a few more details. I'll definitely be linking up!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for this!! We are doing the Total Money Makeover so this should help :)

avisiontoremember said...

I am in! for sure! I have already been working on everyones gifts this year!

Abbi said...

Thanks all of you for coming and visiting. I will look forward to seeing your posts too! This year I might have more ideas than I'll need but that is so much better than not having ideas! You are welcome to link up to the post from this Thursday or just come back next week on Thursday and link up then.

Susan said...

What a nice idea, would love to join in.

Anonymous said...

I would love to see something on homemade wine charms!

Anonymous said...

There's nothing to worry about.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin