Monday, November 2, 2009

Abundance

O give thanks to the Lord,
for He is good;
for His loving kindness is everlasting.
1 Chronicles 16:34
God abundantly blesses! Here is a little bitty tiny example:
Thank-you God for......

89. Homeschooling. I feel so blessed to be able to spend each and every day having fun learning with my children.

90. Books. There are so many neat ones to enjoy. I have found some lovely ones lately.

91. Abundance of food. I cleaned the defrosted the freezer and organized it this past week and was just overwhelmed with how much good, natural and organic food we have been able to stock away. God is so Good!
92. 1/2 a steer. Grass fed, hormone free, local. I am so thankful that God provides for us so well.
93. Overhearing my children having fun having their Geckos act out Bible Stories. It is so fun to hear how well they remember and grasp them.
94. Questions. I used to struggle with this at times when Mara would fire questions at me a mile a minute and I felt a bit overwhelmed. She has slowed down a bit but she and Aaron (those 2 especially) still love to ask questions. They are especially full of questions when we read the Bible. I love the discussions that we end up having.
95. Sunrises. I love seeing sunrises and sunsets. They leave me standing in awe of our great Creator every time!

96. God's versatility in decorating. One day we will be enjoying pretty fall leaves, then gorgeous sunrises and then beautiful white snow. This Fall has been interesting and it has been FUN!

97. Humor in places I don't suspect. I don't think you can read the picture very well but on Sunday my parents brought my a bunch of Goatburger that they had packaged up for us. My little sister and friends had labeled it and they were all interesting, things like "Spider legs", "Squashed earth worms", "Boogers", "Belly button lint" and so forth. It made me laugh.

98. Smiles, Creativity and fun. I love watching my kids have fun!

99.Prayer. Oh I am so thankful to have a God that I can talk to personally, who cares about everything that bothers me, makes me sad and just anything and everything. He is always there and I can pour out my heart to him while driving down the road, standing in the shower, washing dishes, just anywhere!

100. Not having to be afraid about anything because I have a God who cares far more for me (and my family....and you and your family....and....) than any sparrow that falls, than anything. He knows how many hairs I have on my head. He knows me better than I know myself.

holy experience

2 comments:

Nola said...

Thank you for sharing! I have been trying to make it a habit to focus on the blessings too.

I had to laugh about the one about God decorating. Its like that where I live too. One minute leaves, then snow, then leaves...

Jackie said...

I love your abundance of food. What a blessing. My father-in-law has offered to get us a deer this year and that will be a blessing. Thanks for sharing all of your blessings. I enjoy reading what you have to say.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin