Sunday, November 8, 2009

Seeking....

In the book of Jeremiah it tells about the Israelites being in Exile in Babylon. Life was feeling a bit uncertain for them but God tells them:

"For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-14

I still think that God has plans for us today. To me that is so comforting because it means that even though I can't see the big picture and sometimes life feels pretty uncertain, He still has a plan for me and is going to make everything work together for good.

And I know beyond a doubt that God is still waiting for us to seek Him, to search for Him with all our hearts. He is still listening and He is still there ready and waiting and reaching out to us! Let's remember to seek God and His will for our lives daily!

1 comment:

Abigail Jasmine said...

Abbi~ Thank you for posting this!

"I still think that God has plans for us today. To me that is so comforting because it means that even though I can't see the big picture and sometimes life feels pretty uncertain, He still has a plan for me and is going to make everything work together for good."

Such a great perspective..
I needed to hear these things!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin