Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Be thankful for your husband

Something that I have found to be good for our marriage is to come up with a list (either written or in my head) of things about Ken that I am thankful for. For example:

  • I am thankful for Ken being such a hardworker.
  •  I am thankful that Ken is careful with our money.
  •  I am thankful that Ken really enjoys playing with and spending time with our children.
And on and on!

Being thankful is always good and I think it always puts you in a better frame of mind after you practise thankfulness. This little exercise is especially good to do at times when your husband may have done something that you don't feel so thankful for. After making the list you realize that even though you feel unhappy about one thing there are so many other things that you are happy about.

Have you done this before? What are your thoughts?

2 comments:

Anna said...

I also keep a running thankfulness list in my head. It does help to appreciate actions more that way.

Melodramommy said...

I agree. I find a thankful heart and attitude of gratitude is helpful especially when things seem to go wrong. Great idea with the list.

What a great inspiring proverbs 31 wife. Looking forward to reading more.

Laura

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin