Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Joyful!

 "A Joyful heart is good medicine, But a broken spirit dries up the bones"
 Proverbs 17:22

Joy is certainly an important aspect to married life. We all know how much more fun it is to be around someone that is joyful opposed to someone who is grumpy or just to busy to pay attention to you. Husbands obviously are like everybody else and they will enjoy being around us much more if we are projecting joy.

Debi Pearl in "Created to be his Helpmeet" has a wonderful chapter on having a merry heart and she ends with these words:
"Always remember that the day you stop smiling is the day you stop trying to make your marriage heavenly, and it is the first day leading to your divorce proceedings."

"All the days of the afflicted are bad, But a cheerful heart has a continual feast." Proverbs 15:15

Today is a day that I am going to try to be joyful in every way! How about you?

5 comments:

Nola said...

Well. What can I say. This is just one more time that God has very cleary shown me about this topic. I came to realize after much prayer and God telling me, through other people's writing and talking, that joy was something I need to work on. This post of yours is one more timely encouragment in that direction. I love how God uses others to show me again and again until I get it, and then keeps on encouraging me as I work towards the goal. Thank you for sharing!

In my own journey towards more joyful living I have been using a concordance to look up, read and then hopefully memorize all the verses about joy/rejoice in the Bible.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Debi Pearl's book. It completely changed my marriage.

Michelle said...

Great post. I will have to check into that book!

Alysia said...

Yes! Joy is the key! I am going to try this again tomorrow though...and everyday this month, and year!!!
I love that chapter. And it also works for children too=)

Abbi said...

Nola ~ Looking up all the verses sounds like a fun project. I think memorizing a bunch would be neat too.

Thanks to all for commenting.
Debi Pearl's book is really neat. I greatly recommend it.

Alysia ~ I agree that being joyful with your children is very important. Something I need to remember more often!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin