Sunday, February 7, 2010

Listen to the truth

I have been reading through Isaiah lately. It isn't the easiest book to understand but there are lots of neat nuggets in it that I have really gained from.

 One of the verses that caught my attention this past week was:
Isaiah 30:9 & 10
"For this is a rebellious people, false sons, Sons who refuse to listen to the instruction of the Lord;
Who say to the seers, "You must not see visions"; and to the prophets, "You must not prophesy to us what is right, speak to us pleasant words, prophecy illusions."

This was said about Judah, but I think the same can be said of people of our time at times too. These verses reminded me of some in 2 Timothy as well. They say:
"For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires; and will turn away their ears from the truth, and will turn aside to myths." 2 Timothy 4:3 & 4

 I don't want to be like what these verse describe. Not ever! I don't want to seek the easy and comfortable way, I want the right way. No matter what it takes I want to do God's will, even if it doesn't seem pleasant and fun. How about you?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin