Sunday, May 16, 2010

Who I want to be



"Whoever speaks is to do so as one who is speaking the utterances of God;
whoever serves is to do so as one who is serving by the strength which God supplies;
so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ,
to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever.
Amen.
1 Peter 4:11

I have a confession to make. I have been struggling with a bad attitude quite a bit this past week. A bad attitude that starts inside of me but ends up coming out in the ways that I interact with others. This is not good! That is not the person that I want to be and more importantly it is not how God wants me to be.

 On Wednesday we were studying 1 Peter 4 in class at church and when I read this verse I realized that this is one that I really need to have become a part of me. I want to speak only what God wants me to say and words that He would say. I want to serve willingly and lovingly and realize that I can only do that because God gives me the strength. I really want to bring glory to God!

I am working on memorizing this verse but I want to do a lot more than getting it in my head, I want it to go into my heart and be a part of me!
I couldn't get this picture to upload the other day so I decided to add it today. I had such fun watching everybody flying kites, there is just something so very fun about it! I had a lot of chuckles watching Megan especially as she would run this way and that with no thought to the wind and amazingly her kite just stayed up most of the time anyway.

3 comments:

Maria said...

We all have bad days (or moments), Abbi. Sometimes, a bad attitude does show up. We are human and it happens.

If you said something mean to someone, apologize. (I highly doubt you did - :)) But an "I'm sorry, goes a long way".

We all have those "moments", but we have a wonderful God who forgives......

Anonymous said...

A darling picture of your daughter having so much fun! I enjoy your blog although I don't comment much. The verses you have written are ones I need to memorize too! I often have bad attitudes and need to remember this verse to help me get through them. God bless, Kathy in Illinois

From The Heart Online said...

Boy - thanks for that verse! I also struggle with my attitude - whine, complain, feel sorry for myself and judge. Like you say - it's all inside, but seeps out. A person's mouth really does speak what's in the heart.

I love this verse - it challenges faith. If I believe God and his word, and believe that I'm walking in his will, then I must walk powerfully - with courage, boldness, confidence. I have been slumping, second-guessing and tip-toeing. I know God's calling me to boldness and confidence. This verse affirms it again.

Thanks!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin