Sunday, June 20, 2010

Jewels in Psalms 37

I have really been enjoying reading through Psalms lately. Today I read the 37th chapter and there are so many neat verses in there. I thought I would share some of the ones I especially like.

 "Trust in the Lord and do good;
Dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness.
Delight yourself in the Lord;
and He will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the Lord,
Trust also in Him, and He will do it." (3-5)

The 4th verse has long been a favorite of mine. It is a reminder to keep first things first. To make sure that I am focusing on my relationship with God and then He will take care of my desires. God is certainly worthy of my trust and it certainly makes life a whole lot easier when I am willing to trust Him!

"Cease from anger and forsake wrath;
Do not fret;
it leads only to evildoing." (8)

This is just a great practical verse. Maybe easier said than done but something I want to work hard at. I am so glad that God just came out and said not to fret and why.

"The steps of a man are established by the Lord,
and He delights in his way.
When he falls, he will not be hurled headlong,
because the Lord is the One who holds his hand.
I have been young and now I am old,
Yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken or his descendants begging bread.
All day long He is gracious and lends,
and his descendants are a blessing." (23-26)

Isn't this such a neat comforting verse! I love the visual image of me getting to walk along and then tripping but I don't fall because God is there holding tight to my hand just like I do with my little girl when we go on a walk. Oh what a wonderful heavenly Father we have!

"But the salvation of the righteous is from the Lord;
He is their strengh in time of trouble,
The Lord helps them and delivers them;
He delivers them from the wicked and saves them.
because they take refuge in Him." (39 & 40)
Oh what a great salvation and refuge we have in our God! I would never want to live without Him!

1 comment:

Bonnie Williams said...

Great Post! Wonderful Verses! Comforting Promises! Thank-you for sharing them with us!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin