Sunday, November 21, 2010

A Call to Prayer

"First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and Thanksgivings,
be made on behalf of all men, for kings and all who are in authority,
so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity.
This is good an acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,
who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
Therefore I want the men in every place to pray,
lifting up holy hands, without wrath and dissension."
1 Timothy 2:1-4,8

What a good reminder verse for this Thanksgiving week! I was trying to figure out what verse I wanted to share this morning and then I happened to read this in my morning devotions. I love it!

God really wants us to spend time in prayer for our leaders and for all people. He also wants us to Give Thanks! Our prayer can help it so we can have a peaceful and godly life where we can serve God and His will can be done. Sometimes I don't think we put enough emphasis on prayer and we forget how very important it is.

So this week let's pray! God wants us to ask for what we need and He also wants our thanks!



LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin