Sunday, June 12, 2011

What are we working towards?

  "But those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a snare and many foolish and harmful desires which plunge men into ruin and destruction." 1 Timothy 6:9 (The context of the whole chapter is great!- I encourage you to read it.)

 This verse has crossed my path several times lately. It has made me stop and think. I can't say that I have ever desired to be "rich" (isn't that word rather hard to define!?!) but at the same time both Ken and I like to work hard and in our businesses our goal is to do a good job and be successful. (Though to me being successful doesn't mean having tons and tons of work- I have a limit in mind and don't plan on going over it at this point in my life.)

  Reading this verse has made me wonder- Are we doing this right? Is my attitude in line with this verse? Is my work done in order to please God and live more fully for Him or is it to make myself look good? I am still examining myself and striving to have a godly attitude in this- I thought I would share it with you as well.

Another verse that goes along with this one is:
 "Do not weary yourself to gain wealth, cease from your consideration of it." Proverbs 23:4

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin