Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A Handmade Christmas {Week 2}

 Hello! Welcome to our 2nd week of "A Handmade Christmas"! I am looking forward to hearing and seeing the things you are working on and the ideas that you have.

Here are some quick gifts that I made this week:

Stretchy Soft Headbands made from old discarded t-shirts! I made them for my girls (which is why I don't have any real cute picture of them being modeled since I couldn't really ask them to model their own gift) and I think they will really like them.
 I did try on the two that I made for Mara and attempted modeling them and taking my own pictures which is why the pictures are a little less than perfect!
 Mara has been more interested in making her hair look pretty lately and Megan being my more girly girl always loves pretties for her hair. I think these will be practical and pretty for them.
I found the instructions on how to make these at the fun blog "Make it and Love it". She has a very nice and clear tutorial on braiding with 5 strands (which I found rather fun) and putting the whole headband together.
Adding the flowers were my idea as I thought the girls would like some extra pretties. (more info on making flowers is here)

When making presents you don't always have to start with expensive materials. You may have things around your home (like old t-shirts!) that would work just fine. Make something nice and use up something old, that is a win win situation! If you would like some more ideas for using t-shirts visit my post on 35 ways to use old t-shirts.

That is my fun project of the week- what have you been working on?

TO LINK UP:
I can't wait to see what you make!

-Please link up a handmade idea that would work for a Christmas gift, decoration or for eating. :-)

-Please make sure it is family friendly.

- Please link back to this blog. I would love it if you also would display my graphic either in your post or on your sidebar so that others can learn about and join this carnival too.



4 comments:

Zimms Zoo said...

I don't know how I missed the first week. I have all of our Christmas gifts lined up and we have started working on them but I don't have any posts ready yet.
Is it on Mondays then? I also had in my head it was Thursdays.

Abbi said...

Zimms Zoo, I am sorry I didn't manage to let you know when I was starting. I thought about since you had asked about it but then forgot. I think one year I did do it on Thursdays but then decided that Tuesdays worked better for me since on Wednesday nights we have church and Monday nights are pretty open in case I have to do last minute posting (which unfortunately I often do). So every Tuesday morning until the week before Christmas. I am looking forward to have you join me!

Jackie said...

I linked up but it isn't showing up. It tried to link again and it says it is already in the collection. Any thoughts? Anyway, I think the headbands are really cute. Take care.

Abbi said...

Thanks to those of you that linked up! I enjoy visiting the posts that get linked. I try to leave comments as well but sometimes the way people have their comments set up on blogger for some reason I am unable to leave a comment, blogger says I am not signed in and then when I try to sign it (again!) it says it won't work. So if I don't leave a comment I really apoligize but that may be the reason.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin