Sunday, January 29, 2012

Praise is becoming

Do you strive to look nice each day? Do you spend time making sure you have the right outfit, your hair is done nicely and your face looks good?

 I have never been one to spend a lot of time working on my appearance but at the same time I do like the idea of "looking nice".

 When I read this verse in Psalms last week it made me smile with the thoughts that I had from it. Here is the verse:

 "Sing for joy in the Lord, O you righteous ones;
Praise is becoming to the upright."
Psalms 33:1

Now I did not go into a deep word study on this verse, looking back in the Hebrew or anything like that. I am simply taking it at face value. But what I see when I read this verse is God saying "When you praise Me - that makes you look very nice!"

 The One that I want to please most in life is God. I do also want to be pleasing to my husband and others that I am around but God is the most important One. What He desires most is not for us to have an elaborate hairstyle or an outfit that is just so- He wants our praise. When we praise Him we have our focus in the right place and you know what, I think we are going to look becoming not only to God but to most people that we are around as well.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin