Sunday, April 1, 2012

Hoping for the righteous to increase!

 Friday and yesterday Ken and I were at a political convention. We feel strongly about our country and we are involved in politics as we would like to see our country focused again on the principles that it was founded on. We are involved so that we can work hard towards that goal.

  Since we were recently involved in the process of endorsing candidates and such, when I was reading through Proverbs this verse caught my eye:

  "When the righteous increase, the people rejoice, but when a wicked man rules, people groan."
Proverbs 29:2

 To me this is a reminder to strive towards righteousness myself and then to elect (and nominate and encourage) people that are righteous for office.

 Is this something that you have thought about?


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin