Sunday, September 16, 2012

God's word is helpful for all of life!

This past week when I was reading the Bible aloud to the kids one morning I read Psalm 19. It is a very neat chapter and I enjoyed it but when I got to the last verse - one I have long known- the words of it really hit home and helped me.

They say:
"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

The day I read it was a very busy one. I had wedding flowers to do this weekend (I ended up doing a couple because I knew both of the brides and I have a hard time saying "no".) and we were also going on a camping trip, to an annual church retreat that we try never to miss (I have only missed it 2 times since I was born) and Ken had just told me that he wasn't going to be able to go after all as he had way to much to do. I was feeling a bit stressed and overwhelmed and when I get that way I can often say things that I will later regret.

 I was so thankful for this verse to remind me to make sure that what I said and what was going on in my heart was all pleasing to God.

I hope this verse encourages and helps you as well!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin