Sunday, October 7, 2012

I am willing.....

 
Continuing on in my searching through the accounts of Jesus life here to see how He walked and to learn how I should live....
 
The scripture that I want to share today is found in Matthew Chapter 8, verses 1-3
 
"When Jesus came down from the mountain, large crowds followed Him. And a leper came to Him and bowed down before Him, and said, "Lord if You are willing, You can make me clean." Jesus stretched out His hand and touched him, saying, "I am willing; be cleansed." And immediately his leprosy was cleansed."
 
What I was noticing in this account was Jesus willingness to help. Though Jesus did not come to earth to heal every sick person or raise all of the dead, when he was in the situation where it was presented to Him, He was willing to help. He didn't (unlike His disciples) say "Go away, don't bother me" or "I have more important things to do". He was willing.
 
  Though I cannot heal the sick I can in various ways help the people around me. I want to be willing, to the best of my ability, to help when I am asked or I see the need. I don't want to be stopped by my own selfishness.
 
 May Jesus inspire you as well to be willing to help others!
What lesson do you take from these verses?

 
I thought I would share this picture that I took yesterday morning. The snow is all melted now but it was very beautiful when we woke up!

1 comment:

Sharm said...

I love what you have shared here Abbi. I also like the part where "He came down from the mountain".... in other words, he also ensured he walked amoung the everyday and didn't remain aloof or apart. It reminds me of how we should humble ourselves.
Thanks again for sharing xo Sharm

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin