Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A Handmade Christmas- Week 11 {Ski Hats}

 Well here we are at the last week before Christmas. We are still busily creating - in fact we are taking the week off from school for that purpose.

I thought I would share a very quick gift idea that I made for Ken and then since the first one seemed a bit small I now have a matching one too.

I made fleece hats to wear skiing under our helmets.
 First you cut out a shape like this (for the woman's I made it 11 inches across and 17 inches long, Ken's was 12 inches wide and actually a little shorter.).

Then you sew the seam up the back.
 Next I zig-zagged over the seam to make it flat.

Then I hemmed all the edges. It is done! Very fast and easy.
They aren't all that attractive but they should work.

Have you been making anything I would love to hear your ideas in the comments!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi therе are using Wоrdpress fоr your blog platform?
I'm new to the blog world but I'm trуing to get ѕtаrtеԁ and
sеt up mу own. Do уou neeԁ anу сodіng expегtiѕe to makе your own blοg?
Any hеlp woulԁ bе gгeatly apρreciated!


Ηеre iѕ my homеρаgе Massage Finder
my web page :: aromatherapy massage oil

HoneySage said...

This looks like an easy and great project! I bet they will be really comfortable under the helmets. I finished a crocheted blanket that I have been working on...and off...for 8 years....LOL! I'm going to post it in the next couple days. My family is wishing your family a blessed Christmas!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin