Sunday, December 30, 2012

Let's Sing!

 
"After singing a hymn, they went out to the Mount of Olives" (found in both Matthew 26:30 and Mark 14:26)

 Do you have as much fun imagining this as I do?

 I absolutely love music (with singing being one of my very favorite forms) and I love the sound of men singing together. Here we have Jesus and His disciples singing together during a very challenging time.

I wonder....
Did they sing in harmony? Was somebody of key? What was the song like?

Those questions aren't that important but I do find them fun to think about.

  What I am realizing though and really noticing is that this happens right at the time that Judas is off betraying Jesus. This is (or at least could have been) a very stressful time for Jesus especially and all of them to some degree. Yet they stopped to sing.

 Did they find singing encouraging and uplifting? I know when I am stressed, tired or in some way feeling emotional (sad, angry, joyful, etc) music is always good!

 For me this is a very neat thing to notice about Jesus' life. If you haven't been the type to enjoy singing - I hope you will give it a try!  It is so fun to sing songs about how great God is, or songs that can encourage us to live more like we should.

2 comments:

Serving A Generation for Jesus said...

I also believe that music is a very powerful tool and gift from God in our lives. Thanks for sharing and making me ponder what Jesus was thinking as He sang while Judas was betraying Him.

Anonymous said...

I love the thought of Jesus singing with his disciples and thinking of the neat sound. It is an example of something we can do in times of crisis. Singing hymns and praises to God lifts the spirits and brings peace to the soul. mom

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin