Sunday, March 10, 2013

Are We Glorifying the Father

Would you look at John 17:1-5 with me? I think it has so many neat insights! It says:

"Jesus spoke these things; and lifting up His eyes to heaven, He said, Father, the hour has come; glorify Your Son, that the Son may glorify You, even as You gave Him authority over all flesh, that to all whom You have given Him, He may give eternal life. This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. I glorified You on the earth, having accomplished the work which You have given Me to do. Now Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was."

What does it mean to glorify? It is to honor with praise, admiration or worship.

  God deserves all glory! Jesus knew to give Him that Glory (and God also glorified Jesus) we too need to strive with our whole lives to Glorify our God and Father and Jesus Christ.

  It is so easy in our lives to seek praise and admiration for ourselves - I know I struggle with that desire and I imagine some of you might as well. My goal is to walk more like Jesus and to glorify the Father rather than trying to bring glory to myself. I hope you are striving for that as well.
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin