Saturday, March 16, 2013

It is still Winter around here

Megan and Aunt Molly Bea
 Spring may be coming soon (at least according to the calendar) but for now Winter is still hanging on around here. That is okay! We are enjoying it.

   Last night I loved seeing the sparkle of the new and falling snow as I had to drive through it (we got a couple of inches or so yesterday) and last weekend we had a church rally here which brought a lot of friends and family coming to our area and we had a lot of fun enjoying the snow with them. We felt a bit sore afterwards (summersaults and crashes while going down a fast sledding hill tend to do that to you) but it was a lot of fun.

  It is nice having a bit warmer weather (the temperatures below zero aren't so common this month though it did drop below zero once this week) to enjoy the snow in. Here are some pictures of our recent winter fun:
 Some sweet little boys enjoying the sledding. We enjoyed having them stay with us!


 Unfortunately my pictures seem to rather "flatten" the hill but the truth is it was nicely steep and we could go pretty fast.

 Besides sledding we also had fun going ice skating with our Louisiana (though Jason and Michelle- the parents- used to live up here so they are used to cold weather) company.


 During our church rally there was an afternoon break to play some broomball. I was a normal mom and didn't play this time but my kids did and I have had fun playing it at other times this winter.
Are any of the rest of you still enjoying Winter or have you moved on to Spring?

3 comments:

Rachel E. said...

That looks like a lot of fun. I am sure my kids would love to be there.

Clint Baker said...

I love winter but I love the spring time more!
http://theredeemedgardener.blogspot.com

Sheila said...

Oh, my! Definitely spring here, and I am so thankful. It seemed like a long, cold winter this year, and I am ready to be DONE with it! We have actually made it into the 80's, although that won't last. It has been great to feel the sun! Looks like you guys had fun!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin