Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Short pants turned into Capris

 Mara's growth spurt this past year that left her taller than me also left her with various pants that fit fine around but were a fair amount to short.



This pair of tan slacks was one of those pairs. She has still be wearing them some but they looked almost like they were capris but not quite and so they looked a bit silly. Today when she came out wearing them I decided to do something about it.


 I took them and cut off the hem and then cut a slit in the side and then I hemmed them up.
Much better I think! It was a very fast project but, in my mind anyway, made her outfit look a bit more normal and put together.

 Have you ever done a project like this? Any tips you would like to share on improving your wardrobe without spending money?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin