Saturday, May 25, 2013

Turning Tights to Leggings

 I have a little girl who loves to wear dresses. I am a Mama that likes to have her daughter wear leggings, shorts or tights underneath her dresses or skirts. There are a couple of reasons for this - it helps an active girl to stay more modest and it helps to keep her warm, and here in Northern, MN there are a lot of times that we need to dress for warmth.
  Megan had a cute and thick pair of tights that had gotten holes in the toes and heels. They were also getting a bit short. We decided to extend their life a bit.
  I simply cut the foot off, right where the heel turned and then I stretch out the bottom and sewed lace on.
Very quick and easy and very useful!

 Megan has been quite happy with this clothing remake.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Wonderful idea. I will have to try this! Thanks for sharing.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin