Sunday, June 9, 2013

Excellent Encouragement from Colossians 3

I was reading in Colossians 3 this morning for my time in the Word and there is so much good instruction and encouragement in it I wanted to find the time to read through it again today. So I decided I would share some of the verses that are really speaking to me with you. (And I highly recommend taking the time to read the whole chapter!)

Here is a section that I really want to keep to the forefront of my mind this week:

  "So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience; bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you. Beyond all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity." Col. 3:12-14

 That verse seems to be tailor written for young mothers (and everybody else too I realize but I am looking at it through my eyes of a mother with children), the encouragement to be compassionate, kind, humble, gentle and patient is so very important as we raise our children! I so often stumble in these areas but my goal and focus is to learn to be like Christ in this way. I hope you are seeking to grow in this area as well.

There are so many good verses to share from this chapter but I'll try and keep this post moderately short. I do however want to share a couple of "Whatever you do" verses:

 "Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father." Col. 3:17

"Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord, rather than for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance, It is the Lord Christ who you serve." Col. 3:23 &24

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin