Thursday, June 20, 2013

Have you read Song of Solomon?

Lately I have been reading through Song of Solomon in the Bible. We are working to read through the whole Bible (something I have done before but I hadn't done it systematically for a while) and it is Song of Solomon's turn. I have read it several times before and studied it in Bible college but it has never been a book that I have found to by very interesting or my style of writing (I hate to say that about part of the Bible but it is true).

   I think my disinterest in it probably comes from the fact that I am a sensible, practical sort of person. I do love beauty (in what I see, hear or understand) but I generally am not touched by poetry - I tend to prefer prose.

  That said I think that reading through Song of Solomon is good for me. I also think that it could be good for my marriage. Maybe I should work towards being a little bit more romantic. Maybe I should try to be just a bit more of a poetess in my relationship. I don't know but I intend to read through the rest of the book with an intent to take from it what I can to encourage and build up my marriage.

  What are your thoughts on Song of Solomon?

2 comments:

The Heart Of A Woman said...

I feel the same way. It is also hard for me to understand a lot of the verses. Some verses I think, "Wow, that is beautiful!" Others I think, "What in the world?"

Lydia said...

I do agree this is one of those books that is easy to read without focusing on what you are reading. Although, I tend to struggle with that a lot...not good!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin