Sunday, September 1, 2013

Don't be wise in your own eyes

I have been reading through the book of Proverbs lately. This has long been a book that I really enjoy. I really enjoyed reading chapter 3 this week, verses 5 & 6 I have had memorized for a long time and really like but this week I really appreciated the message in verses 7 & 8.

They say:

 "Do not be wise in your own eyes;
Fear the Lord and turn away from evil.
It will be healing to the body
and refreshment to your bones."
Proverbs 3:7 & 8
 
God truly does have everything figured out and when we stop trying to have all the wisdom ourselves and start listening to His wisdom then things are going to work out. This is something that it seems like we have to learn over and over again.
 
 
  I love how this ties in the following of God with our physical health. That is not often the first thing we think of when we aren't feeling good but it is true that spiritual sickness will contribute to physical sickness as well. That is something that we would do well to remember.
 
 
  I hope you have a blessed week!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin