Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Respect

I read through Ephesians lately (I so enjoyed it - I think that might be our next memorizing challenge when we get done with the Sermon on the Mount) and in Ephesians Paul talks about marriage.

  I think I have shared this verse before but it was a good reminder to me so I thought it might be for you as well. It says:

 "Nevertheless, each individual among you also is to lover his own wife even as himself, and the wife must see to it that she respects her husband." Eph. 5:33

Now of course I love the part about my husband loving me but that isn't what we are going to spend our time thinking about. After all we can't do anything about that - we need to focus on what we as wives need to do.

  The direction given here for wives is that we need to respect our husbands. Men crave respect. They want respect from their work associates, from their children and they truly need it from their wives. This is something that I understand and want to do but I don't always do it as well as I should. I need to work harder in this regard. So this verse was a very good reminder for me.

  Respect can be shown in our words and our actions. I hope that both of mine speak loud and clear to show Ken the respect he deserves (or possibly sometimes doesn't "deserve" - but I need to respect him anyways!).

 I hope this verse encouraged you too!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin