Friday, July 3, 2015

Happy Independence Day!

  Megan and I had a fun time working on a project that I started while the kids were away at camp last month. It is sprucing up our basement stairs. The basement and the stairs that go down there are unfinished and they may stay that way a while but I thought it would be fun to make them more interesting. I was looking for a place to display our political stuff and thought this might be a fun place to do it. So I decided to paint the stairs to make a nice backdrop. :-)

   The whole project is not done yet but I had to share a peek of it as we prepare to celebrate our Independence day.  We added the stars today.
 I made a stamp to create the stars with but it didn't work perfectly so Megan did the touch-up work with a brush.
I have been having fun writing on the walls too!

 Now I just need to find the rest of my pictures and flags.

I do hope you have a wonderful Independence Day! Our country is struggling right now - so many things going on that are not pleasing to God. Please be praying for our country and it's leaders regularly! Don't be afraid to stand up for what is right.  On this subject... I do have a book giveaway going on for another 24 hours that you might like to sign up for. The book is "Mother Should I Trust the Government" and it will educate you and encourage you.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin