Sunday, July 12, 2015

Why I Believe We Need to Get Rid of the Anger in Our Lives

     Anger is a common problem in this world. People get angry at their boss, their spouse, their children, the person driving on the road by them and many others that happen to cross their path. I remember one particular time in my life that I really struggled with anger - I am so thankful to God for helping me to get through that hard time but anger is something that I do still have to be on guard against as I am still not immune to it.

   Is anger something that you struggle with? I hope these verses that I share will encourage you to seek the Holy Spirit's help in getting rid of the anger in your life.

 James 1:19-20 says: "This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; for the anger of man does not achieve the righteousness of God."

When we are angry (on human terms) than we are not going to be able to live the righteous life that God desires us to live. I don't think being angry is a very good idea!

Ephesians 4:26 says: "Be angry, and yet do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger and do not give the devil an opportunity.

Anger has the potential to leading us to sin and to giving the devil an opportunity to work in us. That is something that we do not want.

1 Corinthians 13:4-6 says: " Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth."

Ephesians 4:31-32 says:  "Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you."

Colossians 3:8 says: "But now you must also rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips."

1 Timothy 2:8 says: "Therefore I want the men everywhere to pray, lifting up holy hands without anger or disputing."

If anger is something that you struggle with I hope you will meditate on these verses and seek God's help in this area.  A book that I was reading mentions that it is pride that leads to anger and I think that make sense - we get angry because for some reason or another our pride is getting hurt. Pride is another thing that we want to remove from our life. When we do it will help to get rid of the anger as well.

May God bless you as you seek Him!

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin