Sunday, February 14, 2016

Daily Bible Reading Challenge

Did you read your Bible every day last week? Did it help you to learn and grow? What new insight did you find?

  Here are the verses that I picked out to share with you to go along with my questions this week.....

What did I read the causes me to worship God more?
 "Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also." John 14:1-3

How very cool is that? I am excited to see what they have prepared for us!

What Scripture touched my heart?
 "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly." John 10:10 

Jesus wants us to have abundant life. He offers it and we receive. It is a wonderful things and I am so very, very grateful!

What can I apply to my life?
"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another." John 13:34-35

I still have a lot of work to do at loving my brothers and sisters. I do love them but sometimes I can get irritated or impatient and often just plain selfish and self- interested. I truly want to grow in my love for others. I want people that don't know God to be able to look at Christians and truly see a difference in the way we treat one another.

Interesting (and in this case - sobering) Fact:
"He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day." John 12:48

We need to pay attention to what Jesus taught as we will be judged by that. We are going to all face the judgement someday. Are you ready?

I would love to hear about what you read in the Bible this past week!


4 comments:

Mrs Shoestring said...

Love the way you read many different things throughout the week. I was reading the part in Matthew about how the Pharisees try to trap Jesus but he is just patient and answers all their questions, reminds us to render unto Caesar what is Caesar's and unto God what is God's, which is all the important stuff !

Abbi said...

Great thought! Thanks for sharing.

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

I've been reading in Nehemiah, a wonderful book full of great gems. One thing interesting in that book is where the people all stand when the scriptures are being read.

Nehemiah 8:5-6 "And Ezra opened the book in the sight of all the people; (for he was above all the people;) and when he opened it, all the people stood up: And Ezra blessed the LORD, the great God. And all the people answered, Amen, Amen, with lifting up their hands: and they bowed their heads, and worshipped the LORD with their faces to the ground."

I think that must be where the tradition comes in many churches of standing to read the Word. I love finding little nuggets of truth and history in the Word. Enjoyed your sharing today of the lessons you are learning from the Word, oh what joy it is read the scriptures, fresh manna for each day no matter how many times you have read it before, there is always something fresh and wonderful to glean from it! Have a blessed day :)

Abbi said...

That is one of those stories that you read occasionally but then kind of forget about in between times. It really is a neat record of the respect that the people had for God's word. Thanks so much for sharing it with us!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin