Sunday, April 10, 2016

Daily Bible Reading Challenge

Did you find some treasures in God's Word this week? Was there anything that caused you to think - to want to grow more like Jesus? Did you find any comfort or help? I would love to hear about what you read.

I will share some of my favorites from the past week.....

What caused me to worship God more?
"Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the death through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life."
Romans 6:4

Because of what Jesus was willing to go through - we also can have new life. That is certainly something that gives me reason to worship!

What Scripture touched me?
"For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, "Abba! Father!" Romans 8:15

How wonderful is that? It makes me want to cry happy tears. We can have that close loving relationship - not one that is governed by fear.

What prompts me to action?
"One generation shall praise Your works to another, and shall declare Your might acts." Psalm 145:4

This verse brings back wonderful memories of my friend named Ula who went to be with the Lord several years ago now. This was a verse she took to heart. She believed it was her responsibility to tell the next generation of how great God is. She is no longer her to fulfill that mission - but I am. I want to tell the next generation too! Let's keep this going. Thinking of this verse also makes me very thankful for my parents and grandparents (and great-grandparents - though I didn't know them) who also have worked to tell the next generation about God's love. I want to follow in their footsteps and make sure my kids - but beyond that - everybody around me- knows how great and wonderful God is!

What interesting fact did I read?
"Brethren, my heart's desire and my prayer to God for them is for their salvation. For I testify about them that they have a zeal for God, but not in accordance with knowledge." Romans 10:1 & 2

This just points out the fact that somebody can want to follow God but not have the understanding that would be needed for them to be saved. So many are misguided and don't know the truth. That is why I want to share and why I encourage people to read the Bible. That is where truth is found!

Those are some of the things I have been thinking about. I would love to hear from you too!

This week I will continue to read through Romans and Acts, finish up Psalms and I just started Joshua.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin