Thursday, June 16, 2016

Daily Bible Reading Challenge

Well, this post is a lot later than I planned. We currently have my in-laws visiting and have also just had a lot of other things going on. But no matter what is going on in life God's word is a wonderful and necessary part of each day. I need something to help me keep the right focus in the midst of busy times.

 Here are some of the treasures I found in God's word last week:

What caused me to worship God more?
"But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the ages to come He might show the surpassing riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them." Ephesians 2:4-10

What an amazing promise! What an amazing gift! What a reason to worship!

What scripture touched me?
"Remember that you were at that time separate from Christ, excluded from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. But now in Christ Jesus you who formerly were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. For He Himself is our peace, who broke down the barrier of the dividing wall, by abolishing in His flesh the enmity, which is the Law of commandments contained in ordinances, so that in Himself He might make the two into one new man, thus establishing peace, and might reconcile them both in one body to God through the cross, by it having put to death the enmity." Ephesians 2:12-16

I am so thank-ful for Christ making it so that I can be brought near to God. That He got rid of the wall that divided us. What an amazing gift.

What prompts me to action?
  "Therefore I, the prisoner of the Lord, implore you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which  you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, showing tolerance for one another in love, being diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace." Ephesians 4:1-3

This is still very much a work in progress for me to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which I have been called. I am so thankful for the Holy Spirit to help me to walk in humility, gentleness, patience and love. I pray often that we Christians would have unity in the Spirit. Oh that everyone would diligently study God's word and seek to follow it while having humility, gentleness, patience and love - what awesome unity that would bring.

What interesting fact did I read?
"Nevertheless, each individual among you also it to love his own wife even as himself, and the wife must see to it that she respects her husband." Ephesians 5:33

I just think that the Bible is pretty cool in all the basic, straightforward instructions that it gives. The concept is quite simple - Men: Love your wife as much as you love yourself. Women: Respect your husband. It doesn't matter if it is hard. You can do hard things with God's help!

What have you been reading in the Bible lately? I would love to hear what has touched you.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin