Sunday, August 21, 2016

Daily Bible Reading Challenge

Have you been reading and studying God's word? I have, but unfortunately I have struggled to find time to blog about it but I am happily finding a little time this evening. (A side note... we have had a busy summer but I realize that some of the reason I have had less time has to do with Mara working and Jonathan dealing with poor health this summer which means the younger 2 and I have to do much of their chores as well - Thank-fully Jonathan is improving and Mara will start working less with the school year so life may get back to normal a bit more.)

But here are some scriptures that blessed me....

What caused me to worship God more?

"That men may know from the rising to the setting of the sun that there is no one besides Me. I am the Lord and there is no other, The One forming light and creating darkness, causing well-being and creating calamity; I am the Lord who does all these." Isaiah 45:6 & 7

We have an amazing God! There in no other that is at all like Him.

What scripture touched me?

"Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance. It is the Lord Christ whom you serve." Colossians 3:23-24

We do not work in vain. There is no better master that we could serve. I am so blessed!

What scripture prompted me to action?

"Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father." Colossians 3:17

This verse has been on my heart for the last couple of weeks. I have just been thinking about how I should be doing everything in Jesus name - and that is what I want to do. I want to do what is right and give Him the glory. However there are still times that I struggle with impatience, anger, etc. It has been a good reminder to think about how I am supposed to do things in Jesus name but if I am doing something (like being impatient and irritable) that isn't right then it is hard to say I am doing it in Jesus name. This scripture has been a good reminder to me to watch me words and actions more.

What interesting fact did I read?

"Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is not authority except from God,  and those which exist are established by God. Romans 13:1

As we have been thinking a lot about the election this year this verse has been something I think about often. It does give me peace realizing that God does have this in control.

What verses have been helpful to you this week? I love to hear!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin