Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Hello Again! Sharing my Daily Bible Reading Challenge

Hello! I have been missing writing on here but life has been quite filled with camping, harvesting, honey extracting, homeschooling, music lessons, weddings, politics and more. There is never a dull moment! :-)

   Reading the Bible regularly (with our stay at home schedule I am so blessed to be able to read it several times a day either outloud to the kids or to myself) is still a crucial part of my day even amidst the busyness. Here are some of the treasures that I have found in it lately:

What caused me to worship God more?
"For behold, He who forms mountains and creates the wind and declares to man what are His thoughts, He who makes dawn into darkness and treads on the high places of the earth, The Lord God of hosts is His name." Amos 4:13

In my prayer time and throughout the day I love to spend time praising God for who He is. There are so many things that stand out to me personally but I really love reading verses in the Bible where are others are praising Him as well. I love to notice what things they praise Him for - often time things I haven't often thought about and then I am overwhelmed yet again with all the many reasons we have to worship our great God the Creator.

What Scripture Touched me?
"The Lord looks from heaven; He sees all the sons of men; From His dwelling place He looks out on all the inhabitants of the earth, He who fashions the hearts of them all, He who understands all their works. The kind is not saved by a mighty army; A warrior is not delivered by great strength. A horse is a false hope for victory; Nor does it deliver anyone by its great strength. Behold, the eye of the Lord is on those who fear Him, On those who hope for His lovingkindness, to deliver their soul from death and to keep them alive in famine. Our soul waits for the Lord; He is our help and our shield. For our heart rejoices in Him, Because we trust in His holy name. Let Your lovingkindness, O Lord, be upon us, according as we have hoped in YOU." Psalm 33:13-22

When I read this chapter lately is was just the reminder that I needed that we can't do things on our own strength. God is the one who causes us to win the fight or not. We can have the best "army" and still not win the victory if that is not God's will. I promptly applied this to our current political situation which I think it fits very well. So many people are trying to figure out what will happen, who can "actually win" and what side they need to support so that they are helping the winner (or something like that). I believe we need to take a stand for what is right and seek God's leading because as He says in this chapter it is pretty useless to count on our own strength anyway. We need to rely on Him.

What Scripture Prompts me to Action?
"Trust in the Lord and do good; Dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness. Delight yourself in the Lord; and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, and He will do it." Psalm 37:3-5

What a good reminder in all the busyness of life to focus on the basics of focusing on God, trust in Him and seeking to please Him in everything.

What interesting fact did I find?
"Lord, make me to know my end and what is the extent of my days; Let me know how transient I am." Psalm 39:4

God does know exactly how much time we have here on earth. Let us use that time for Him!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin