Sunday, October 2, 2016

31 Days of Praying for Our Country - That Our Nation Would Repent

In the Bible we see many times when God asked a nation to repent - to turn away from their sin and walk toward Him instead. Our nation needs this desperately today. Will you join me in praying for our country to repent and seeking repentance on behalf of our nation?

"Then the word of the Lord came to me. He said, “Can I not do with you, Israel, as this potter does?” declares the Lord. “Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand, Israel. If at any time I announce that a nation or kingdom is to be uprooted, torn down and destroyed, and if that nation I warned repents of its evil, then I will relent and not inflict on it the disaster I had planned. And if at another time I announce that a nation or kingdom is to be built up and planted, and if it does evil in my sight and does not obey me, then I will reconsider the good I had intended to do for it." Jeremiah 18:5-10

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Oh, dear friend! YES, I will surely join you. Oh, it lays so heavy upon my heart, and there are days that I don't see any hope. I even wonder if God wants to have mercy on our nation, considering the awful things we are doing and allowing, and even though there are many of us who are repenting, sometimes I wonder if it is enough. But, we have those promises to cling to, and all we can do is our individual part. As you pray tonight, will you please add my family and me to your prayers? I would appreciat it so much! God bless you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin