Sunday, October 2, 2016

31 Days of Repurposing - Have You Been Born Again?


As I mentioned yesterday, and any of my regular readers know, I love repurposing. I love the thrill of taking something that is not useful, or not nice to look at. It may be broken or worn out but I can take it and make it into something new, beautiful and useful. However what I can do with "Stuff" doesn't even begin to compare with what God can do with our lives. He can take our broken mess of a life and truly transform it into something new and beautiful and useful.

On Sundays this month I am going to step away from the projects that we create and focus instead on what God can create in us. He tells us we need to be born again. That is the way to have a fresh start in life!


"Jesus answered and said to him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God." Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born, can he?" Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
"That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. "Do not be amazed that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'' John 3:3-7  


Have you been born again?

Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life. Romans 6:4

The new life in Jesus Christ is pretty awesome!

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Tomorrow.... I am excited to show you a fun re-purposing project that Megan had fun with this afternoon. It is a way to make the beauty of Autumn last a little longer.





No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin