Sunday, November 27, 2016

Feeling so Thankful!

Megan and Aaron helped me with rolls. A favorite traditional job at our place.
 We were blessed with a wonderful Thanksgiving time.  I hope you were as well. Ken was able to take the last 3 days off which was so fun. His work keeps him very busy so it is common for him to need to work on the weekend as well as the week days - the joys of running your own business! 😊 So having him home so long was a treat.

   I think it is so important to give thanks to our Heavenly Father each and every day and throughout the day but it is neat to have a special day dedicated to that as well. He is SO good to us!

Here are a few random pictures from our Holiday (and missing any pictures of our lovely company - my parents, my brother and sister-in-law and 2 friends- I seem to get busy with company and forget about my camera.).
 Ken used his time at home to finish setting up his big screen, projector and sound system. This was in the works since we planned our home as I don't like having a TV in the living room (As a family we watch very little TV) but Ken wanted to be about to watch a game now and then in the living room rather than down in the basement so we came up with this compromise- Jonathan's idea. I didn't realize the screen would be quite so BIG! But the screen neatly rolls up and out of sight so it works just fine. They enjoyed watching the Vikings play on Thanksgiving. Notice Jonathan with the pillow in front of his head. I hadn't noticed that until I looked at the picture. Lately he has been trying to avoid photographs.
 Megan hanging up things we are thankful for on some branches.
 Mara had fun making pies. I did help some too and my mom and sister-in-law also brought pies. We had way more pies that needed but that is fun.
 The varieties that we had are pumpkin, peanut butter, blueberry cream, apple, plum, mince, lemon and pecan (the last two aren't pictured - my sister-in-law brought them later).
 Sorry for the sideways picture. I used some chalkboard tags that we had made for name tags at our places.
I like a pretty table. I had fun using my odds and ends of blue plates this year.
Today I delivered flowers for a wedding. I loved the pretty fall colors.

How was your Thanksgiving?

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

What a lovely day you had together! God is SO good. Your table looks so pretty, and the pies look very yummy! It made me hungry! LOL! God bless you, sweet friend. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin